top of page
- Tue, Mar 282220 Arts + ArchivesThe stalwart independent filmmaker joins us in person to present two of his Pixelvision films from the 1990s, hallucinatory and wryly funny tales of romance and desperation.
- Wed, Apr 192220 Arts + ArchivesRobert Kramer and John Douglas’s novel-like epic of the American Left is a trailblazing hybrid of documentary and fiction.
- Wed, Mar 152220 Arts + ArchivesA new restoration of French master Jacques Rivette’s romantic musical, one of his most gentle and enchanting films.
- Wed, Feb 15Brain Dead StudiosA rare 35mm screening of Breillat's controversial coming-of-age portrait, adapted from her semi-autobiographical novel.
- Wed, Feb 082220 Arts + ArchivesA moving-image mixtape centered around artist Stan Douglas's broadcast work, with short films by Zia Anger, Eduardo Williams, Honor Levy, Kane Parsons and others.
- Sun, Jan 292220 Arts + ArchivesA rare screening of Mary Bronstein's blackly comic debut feature, featuring a standout performance from Greta Gerwig, with the director in person.
- Sun, Jan 152220 Arts + ArchivesOne of the best teen films of the 1990s, newly remastered.
- Sat, Nov 19Harold M. Williams AuditoriumA free screening of a rare 16mm print at the Getty, featuring original music and starring Lora Logic of the legendary punk band X-Ray Spex.
- Wed, Nov 092220 Arts + ArchivesA rare 16mm screening of Rosa von Praunheim's verité portrait of the magnetic cabaret singer, who performed in films by Andy Warhol and Gregory Markopoulos.
- Thu, Nov 03Los AngelesA hallucinatory sci-fi-noir—one of the great underground French films of the ‘80s—presented by Balthazar Clementi in an L.A. premiere restoration.
- Sun, Oct 162220 Arts + ArchivesAn evening in tribute to Serge Daney, co-presented with Semiotext(e), on occasion of the release of the first English-language collection of Daney’s film criticism.
- Sun, Oct 092220 Arts + ArchivesOur first program devoted to experimental film is curated by the Bay Area collective for their inaugural L.A. event, screened entirely on 16mm prints.
- Wed, Sep 212220 Arts + ArchivesThe artist Martine Syms curates a short-and-feature pairing of experimental dance films by Charles Atlas and Ligia Lewis.
- Fri, Sep 09Frogtown CreativeAn end-of-summer celebration with two video delights, including the L.A. premiere of Derek Jarman's rediscovered dance film.
- Fri, Aug 262220 Arts + ArchivesA rare screening of one of the most infamous rock-and-roll documentaries ever made, which captured The Rolling Stones on their 1972 U.S. tour.
- Thu, Aug 11Brain Dead StudiosWe present a 35mm screening of one of the best French films of the 1990s, a melodrama based on Garrel's long-term affair with singer-songwriter Nico.
- Thu, Jul 212220 Arts + ArchivesA new restoration of Rivette's cryptic masterwork starring Bulle Ogier and Juliet Berto as glamorous rival goddesses in Paris.
- Wed, Jun 08Los AngelesA high camp double-bill: two depraved portraits of housewives from the 1960s and 1970s from the Kuchar brothers and Lou Antonio.
bottom of page